Thursday, June 21, 2012

Philippians 4:8 - Focus On What is Good.

"Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such about things." -Philippians 4:8

After finishing my second year of college,  I have encountered many new experiences, challenges, and with that, many people. Some are new and others are old acquaintances. I left school with many new friends and closer, old friends, but I also realized that I left with a lot of hard feelings toward some as well. It's natural that you're not going to "click" with everyone, and that's okay. However, it's not okay to harbor grudges or dwell on sour thoughts. I also realized that the same people that frustrated me may have also encouraged me at one point as well. Instead, I have chosen to dote on the times I've been hurt. God calls us to think otherwise, on "whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable." To help me forgive and let go of these feelings, I have decided to start a notebook for myself. I will list all the good memories of times that people have been there for me, sacrificed for me, or even just attributes I appreciate about them, especially the people that have hurt me or that frustrate me. This will help me release my old feelings, and be ready greet everyone warmly and genuinely when fall rolls around. I can refer back to it as needed. I am excited for a better, happier outlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment