Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Lesson from Children's Books

I went to the library today, and found myself in the children's books. I started reading titles of some very complicated and extensive stories, yet they were condensed into the few pages of a children's book. How could something so complex be made understandable to children? So I read a few books. The books can be condensed for a child because they stick to the main points and leave out all the rest. When things get complicated, they refocus on what truly matters. What I thought was important in the story, really wasn't.

This is a lot like life. And a lot like our relationship with God. Our life may seem like it's becoming to much to handle...too complicated. However, what we really need to do is refocus on what's important. We may get distracted by detail--deadlines, chores, money, relationships, success. We lose sight of the main point: our relationship with God.

"Don't try to build God into your life, but build your life around God." (paraphrase) -Leslie Ludy

I checked out a few childrens books today so I could see stories through a new viewpoint, refocusing on what really matters. Hopefully, I will apply this same outlook to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment