Monday, August 30, 2010

For the College Kid - Proverbs 24:1

"Be not emulous of evil men, and desire not to be with them; For their hearts plot violence, and their lips speak of foul play."

I have not even been at college for 48 hours, and I became distracted from my faith. I realized that I have been way more concerned with the way I look, what people think of me, meeting new friends, and hanging out at the "cool" place, rather than focused on God. Even in mass yesterday, I was way too distracted to focus on Jesus Christ. Maybe if I put a flashing light on my Jesus bracelet, I would be reminded on who to focus. Just kidding, but I realize I need to change this, so I turned to the Loving Father for help. I opened up my bible this morning to my bookmark in Proverbs. I hadn't read two pages before I found this verse. There is soo much temptation on campus, and it's definitely been nagging at me. I found this verse though, and hopefully it will give me the strength today to stick to what is right and good. If I don't fit in, so what? As long as I have pleased my Father in heaven, what else do I need to do? With Him on my side, no one can harm me.

Ps. The definition of emulous that I found to fit this verse is as follows: "inspired by or deriving from a desire to emulate." Don't worry --- I had to look it up too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment