Friday, April 15, 2011

Proverbs19:20

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the decision of the Lord that endures." -Proverbs 19:20

When life becomes busy, we tend to start looking ahead. We schedule and plan. If something goes wrong, it potentially becomes an obstacle for our plans. However, our plans are never guaranteed. It's what we think or want that matters. It's what God wants and has planned. He may not let you in on his plan initially, but it will initially work out because "God's will be done." I take complete comfort in knowing the Lord has plans that he will eventually reveal to me. Until then, I just have to pray and listen. I may make plans for my future, to marry, become a doctor, etc., but God may have other plans, and I trust that when I am doing what God has planned for me, that is when I will be happiest. I may be able to avoid his plans, not listen for awhile, and do what I want, but "it is the decision of the Lord that endures." In the end, God will have the final say.

I want everyone to shrug it off if things don't go their way, or be calm if they're not exactly sure what they want to do or should do, because God has it figured out for you. Pray to him, and he will give you the best answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment